Friday, November 19, 2010

Feeling pretty good!

I just wanted to document real quick that I think I'm back to where I was 7 years ago when I lost a lot of weight. I bounce around between 166 and 167 lbs which is a good 30+ lbs less than where I started in May. I drink about 40+ ounces of water from 5:30 to 7am (on my way to work and when I get into work) and I think that has helped tremendously. I believe it kicks my matabolism in gear and flushes me out. My skin looks and feels awesome. Overall I feel awesome!

I still have about 20 more lbs to lose. The belly fat is still there although there is less of it but I'm nowhere near flat abs. I'm sure this is because all I've been doing since May is running and no weight training. Yesterday I did pushups and crunches for the first time in about a year and I'm feeling it today. With the weather getting cold (too cold to motivate me into running outside), I plan on changing up my routine and doing more resistance training.

I'm trying to do it without joining a gym only because I don't want to spend the money. I saw an ad for Cardinal Fitness for $10/month. Now that may be worth it because there is one close to both my house and Brett's. I prefer using the machines. So we'll see. I know I need to do something because I could only handle running about an hour on the treadmill (about 5 miles) before I get bored. Although I am changing up the pace on the treadmill. I run outside at about 5 mph so I've been increasing it to 5.5 to 6 mph on the treadmill for short spurts.

My biggest fear is putting back on the weight because I won't be running as much for the next 3 months or so. And my diet isn't the best. I drink 12 ounces of my protein shake before lunch and pretty much have a 6" turkey or tuna subway meal for lunch and pretty much the same for dinner. I know I am not eating enough veggies and pretty much no fruit and probably drinking too much pop. It hasn't been affecting my weight because I was burning close to 1000 calories during my runs. Now I'm only burning about 600-650 calories. So I know I need to watch my diet. I just don't look forward to it at all. This is where I falter. With the cold weather and it getting dark by 4pm, my motivation is zapped. I am trying to sign up for some races in the spring to keep me motivated. I'm worried that I'll get out of this awesome place that I'm in and not get back. This is the second time I've gotten back in shape but it was a bitch to do. Lots of food deprivation. I don't want to go through that again.

I just need to keep all this in front of me so that I don't lose the battle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment