Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 4

I know I skipped a day but yesterday it was just way to beautiful out to even log in! Sunny and 75 without a single cloud in the sky. Also, I was out at a book signing on Thursday night to meet my favorite author Jennifer Lancaster and didn't get home until midnight. So needless to say, I didn't wake up until almost 10 on Friday...yikes. I've noticed on this diet that I'm tired earlier than usual. By 8pm I'm ready for bed. Sometimes I like to go to bed just so I'm not tempted to eat. I've been hungry between meals but it's a different kind of hungry. It's not a low sugar type hungry where I'm shaking and looking for the nearest fast food restaurant. This type of hunger is tolerable. Also, my workouts (I've only been walking) seem better. I can feel a difference in how my body is reacting. Before I felt tired before I even made it halfway around the trail and I'd get so frustrated because I know I can make it all the way around. Now I feel like even though I'm hungry, I don't feel weak. So I got that going for me :)

And yesterday I cooked hamburgers on the grill and they came out AWESOME!! Trust me, this is a rare occurrence. My boyfriend will be the first to tell you that anything I cook on the grill comes out the consistency of a hockey puck. I couldn't believe how good they were (I could only have 1 7oz burger with nothing on it) for being made with 96% lean beef. Also, I've never cooked asparagus and I took a simple recipe that my best friend gave me (little evoo, seasalt and pepper) and actually cooked them on the grill and they came out PERFECT!! I mean perfect crispness and taste. I ate them all and didn't even leave some for my boyfriend (his loss, he decided to go out golfing with his friends). I figured they wouldn't be good by the time he got back. So asparagus is my new fav veggie! I was desperate to find more veggie options since lettuce and cucumbers were getting old fast.

Anyway, I still haven't felt any real withdrawl symptoms like headaches which I thought FOR SURE I'd get. This makes me happy because I know that I can always come back to this diet plan if I need to (which I'm hoping I won't because it's not easy).

Now I'm off to start my day and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. It's going to be nothing but sun and 80's all weekend except for Monday of course. Mother Nature can't give us everything :) And I have to be honest, I do miss going to Cracker Barrel with my bestie on Saturday mornings. CB was my weekend guilty pleasure. Oh well, I keep my 50 lb goal in mind and that keeps me motivated! Plus I'm getting out of this vicious sugar cycle and I couldn't be happier about that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the asparagus roasted that way...

    Another tip... Pull it about 2 mins until it is done to your liking (you can put what you are eating back in after you pull out the extras), let it cool, then you can nuke it as a quick side during the week.

    ReplyDelete