Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 6

I've come to realize that I am an emotional eater. I never thought I was until now. I like to reward myself with food. Having a bad or long day at work? How bout an M&M blizzard from DQ. Having a rough week at work? How bout a whole weekend of eating whatever I want because I deserve it. I'm also an all or nothing type person. I either follow something to the letter of the law or I don't follow it at all. For example, this diet. I'm following it to the letter of the law and you would not believe how many times I would have loved to gone to Cracker Barrel or any restaurant and eat my favorite foods over this holiday weekend. I always looked forward to the weekends because I knew I'd eat good. It's true that I don't have any cravings (which is what the dr said would happen) but I do miss me some bread!! Especially white bread like Jimmy Johns sandwiches or garlic bread. But it's weird that I'm not craving it. I just miss the taste of it. I have been hungry a lot this past week but I think that is because I've been walking 3.6 miles every day for the last 4 days. I reheated the burger that I made a few days ago and OMG was it delicious!! Even though it was 2 days old! And I bought a steamer for my veggies. That was the best thing I could have bought. I've been eating steamed broccoli and asparagus and it is DELICIOUS!! I would NEVER had gone through the trouble to make steamed veggies before. A ride through the nearest drive through was a lot easier and tastier. But when your diet is extremely limited, you start to enjoy the simplest of foods (i.e. a plain burger which is just a patty of beef). What's also funny is that me and my boyfriend planned our weekends around where we were going to eat next. Now that I'm on this diet, we have a bunch of free time that we don't know what to do with. Inevitably my boyfriend is going to end up losing weight while I'm on this diet because now he's finding stuff to eat at home :)

I am staying focused on my goal. I'm excited to see what my weight loss is tomorrow after being on this for one week. I know I've lost something. I can feel it. Plus I don't think I'm eating more than a 1000 calories per day! How can you not lose weight?? And now that I've had a weeks worth of the IP food, I know what I like and what I don't like and get to customize my food for the upcoming week. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! I'm looking forward to what the scale says too!

    ReplyDelete