Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 7

Let's just start with the good news...did my first weigh in today and I lost 7.6 lbs in one week!!! WTF!!! Trust me, it was not easy. I told the doc that I'm still very hungry and he said that I'm not eating or drinking enough then. So he gave me a couple of recipes for salad dressings because I told him that I will puke if I have to eat another dry or vinegar and oil salad (I think it is the white vinegar that nauseates me). And because I am working out, he said to up the ounces on the dinner lean meats (yay). My biggest problem on this diet is that I am not a cook. Anybody who knows me will vouch for that. I am a woman of convenience, hence the 50 lbs weight gain. I think if I were a cook I'd know how to be creative enough to add variety to my meals. So he gave me a website called three fat chicks. I haven't checked it out yet. The doc also advised on getting Big Franks buffalo wing hot sauce to add to my chicken. Let me tell you, I baked some chicken for dinner tonight(plain with just a little sea salt) and dipped it in this buffalo sauce and can I say OMG!!!! It was phenominal! Like I said, maybe it's because I'm on such a restricted diet that anything tastes awesome but seriously, I now realize how good home cooking can be. Never in my life until now have I bought garlic cloves, garlic press, asparagus, couliflower, broccoli, evoo, a veggie steamer (the best purchase yet), food scale or half of the no cal/no fat/no carb condiments! Grant it this diet is costing me an arm and a leg but heck, with results like 7 lbs lost in one week, it is absolutely worth it.

I think what's even more gratifying is that I'm learning to like cooking...let me pause here while my best friend and boyfriend catch their breath :) Yeah, who knew!! I'm learning good eating habits and portion control that will last a lifetime. This is not a one-time goal for me, I want to keep all this weight off after it comes off.

I just have to give myself some props here, I managed to stick to this diet throughout Memorial Day weekend which was a HUGE accomplishment. We went to the movies and I kept smelling that popcorn and it was extremely hard not to cheat (especially since my stomach was growling). Then we went to Champps which is my all time favorite restaurant and it was 1/2 off burger night (their burger is one of my fav). I got a side order of grilled shrimp, a side salad, and steamed broccoli with two big glasses of water. While my boyfriend ate a bbq burger with waffle fries and cheese dip (did I mention that these waffle fries are fabulous - to me at least). I did not even steal one fry. Talk about commitment. Don't get me wrong, it was excruciating to resist. I figured I've suffered through 6 whole days at that point that I wasn't throwing it all away. I must train myself not to be an emotional eater. One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. When you learn the tip to not rubberize chicken, I'd appreciate a lesson...

    And, yeah, I'm totally impressed...

    ReplyDelete