Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 16

I just have to say that I love love love summer! This weather just screams for me to be outside! Needless to say, it's hard to sit here at work :)

I have vowed to walk every day that it is not raining. I use to jog but now I prefer a nice fast walk. For some reason, I'm just as sore after the walk! But it's easier on my joints and there's no excuse not to do it whereas with jogging, I always manage to find a reason why I don't want to do it. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I figure with the massive reduction in my calorie intake, walking is about all I can handle before I lose steam.

I realized yesterday that eating has now become a big to-do. For example, last night after my walk, I get home around 6:15 and planned on cooking chicken. So I get out the pan for the chicken, season it, throw it in the oven. Then I ate the rest of my salad which was pretty huge but good so I scarfed it down. So then I decided to chop the other head of lettuce because I know I'll need to. Then I figured I'd better make some veggies so I chopped up the couliflower and threw it in the steamer. Then I realized that because I ate my lean protein at lunch that I need to have a meal packet for dinner. So I unbox my brand new blender and decide to try and make IP ice cream!! I take it all apart to give it a good wash (never know what happens to these things during packaging), put it back together, briefly read the instructions since I've never owned a blender and dumped my IP chocolate shake power with water and some ice cubes. Blended it and because I wasn't sure how long to blend it, it came out more like chocolate slushy. But it was pretty good! I liked it so much better than just adding water and shaking it in my little shaker. Now my plan is to master this blender!!

Anyway, so when it was all said and done, I had a ton of dishes to wash!! Seems like every meal requires a million dishes. Before all I had to do was throw away the fast food bag. Yes, it's much easier but I have to admit, my body is much more satisfied with nutritious food than fast food. I'm still surprised how I can get so full off of salad and veggies.

I'm on vacation next week and part of me really wishes that I can eat whatever I want. It's how I use to celebrate my vacations in the past. I'm not worried that I'll fall off the wagon since I'm not going anywhere plus I'll be going into week 4 at that point and I've come too far to mess this up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment