Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 21

Weighed in this morning and lost 2.8 lbs. Yeah, I should be happy but I'm not. I've been depriving myself of all the foods I love and I'm on VACATION!!! You do not know how extremely difficult and a test of willpower it is to resist eating the good stuff.

I know I'm being a brat. There's no way I would have lost close to 14 lbs in 3 weeks if I was doing this on my own. I know, I know!!! But it's just frustrating. My problem is I set myself up for this disappointment every week because I expect to lose at least 5 lbs a week. Last week it was 3.4 lbs and I thought that was because I was starting my monthly cycle so I chalked the low numbers to that. So this WI I thought for sure it would be 5 lbs. It's just hard when you lose almost 8 lbs during the first week and every week after that the numbers have dropped considerably.

But I can see the difference! I'm anxious to get my measurements done next week because I know I've lost inches. I must keep the big picture in mind. Before I even started this thing I estimated at least 2-3 months to get to my goal weight. I guess I'm on track.

It's just that this diet is very difficult to maintain. I'm tired of my veggies and salad so I'm resorting to eating pickles for my veggie requirement. I know the reason why I'm not losing weight is because I'm not eating enough. Plus I need to start weight training to build muscle so it will burn more calories.

Okay, I know it sounds funny but my mantra is "skinny face" and it is what is keeping me going. I hate having a fat face, which is where my weight tends to go first, so getting back my skinny face along with skinny body is what I have to keep in mind. I didn't gain this weight in 3 weeks so I'm not going to lose it all in 3 weeks. I.must.keep.going!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're weekly amount does seem like a bummer, but when you say:

    14 lbs in 3 weeks - Holy Crap! That is awesome!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete